Quick Mail is a WordPress plugin that sends an email with an attachment from the WordPress dashboard. Quick Mail includes options to send email to members of your site, or anyone.
Download Quick Mail now, or read on for more information.
Quick Mail was published two years ago. This update adds valuable features.
Send Email to Multiple Recipients
I added a CC field to Quick Mail 2.0.0, because I wanted to send a page to several users, and it was annoying to resend the message.
The CC field can contain multiple addresses. Multiple addresses can be selected from users, as shown.
NOTE: Press <Control> on Windows and Linux, or <Command> on Macs while clicking, to select multiple users on desktop computers.
It “just works” on mobile devices.
Enter multiple “CC” addresses, by separating them with a space or comma. If you want to send mail to your buddies, who are not WordPress users, Quick Mail will save up to 12 addresses. Quick Mail rejects duplicate addresses, if you select an address twice.
Multiple email addresses require more validation, to eliminate duplicates. It also takes more time to check multiple domains for a mail server with checkdnserr.
On previous versions of Quick Mail, I validated a single mail address using jQuery.get() to connect to a PHP program.
Email addresses were saved after the user pressed “Send.”
I improved performance by removing the domain from the script URL. I thought a Web browser would lookup a domain once, but it seemed to happen on every script load.
I removed network_site_url() from plugins_url() to create the link. Incidentally, I used network_site_url to be compatible with multisite. This function returns the same value as site_url on a single site.
script = '/wp-content/plugins/quick-mail/qm_validate.php'
When Is It Done?
Quick Mail 2.0.0 uses jQuery.when() to check email addresses.
It does not matter if validation is not complete when the email is submitted, because addresses are checked before the email is sent.
Recent addresses are saved with Web Storage when the page is reloaded, after the message is sent.
Mailing WordPress Page Drafts to Multiple Recipients
As I mentioned, I like using Quick Mail to send WordPress page drafts to users for review. It is easy:
- “View source” with your browser.
- Select All
- Copy and paste the source code into a message.
The recipient receives a fully styled page. If you just want to send content, paste the contents from the page editor.
Quick Mail 2.0.0 is compatible with WordPress Multisite(MU). Menus and options are indentical.
User Display Options
Quick Mail finds users and their roles with get_users(). WordPress 4.4 added
role__not_in to select users who are not administrators.
Red Totals for Non-Admin Users
Totals are displayed in red if administrators are hidden. This needs a better explanation for users who did not read this article. I considered adding a “tooltip,” but they do not work on mobile devices.
There are 44 new messages, related to new features in Quick Mail 2.0.0. Here are some explanations.
- File uploads were disabled by system administrator
- You cannot attach a file to a message, because uploads are disabled in your system’s configuration. If you are the administrator, see File Uploads to edit your configuration.
- You do not have sufficient privileges to access user lists (on this site).
- Help message to explain why you cannot edit user list setting. “on this site” is displayed on multisite.
- User totals are adjusted because administrator profiles are hidden
- Displayed on setup help. User totals are displayed in red when total is adjusted.
- Duplicate mail address
- You entered an address twice. It might be the same recipient and CC or a duplicate in the CC list. Quick Mail removes the duplicate address.
- Duplicate Attachments
- Quick Mail does not remove duplicate attachments. Quick Mail does not send mail if duplicate attachments were found.
- Three user profiles are required for user lists
- You need enough profiles for sender, recipient, CC.
- Three non-administrator profiles are required for user lists.
- Same a previous, except administrator profiles are hidden.
Quick Mail could use an address book, to save addresses permanently. I would still like to add a feature to send an email to all users on a site.
Get Quick Mail
Quick Mail 2.0.0 was tested with WordPress 4.6.1, including multisite.
I hope Quick Mail increases your productivity. Please leave a review to help others find it.
|Using Quick Mail 2.0.3 to Send Email from WordPress||Quick Mail 1.3.2 Improves Multiple File Upload, Translations|
|Quick Mail 1.3.0 Supports International Mail||Quick Mail 1.2.4 uses WP REST API|